Have you ever wanted to receive a massage to decrease the tension of your muscles or to forget about the complications of daily life? You may be in need of a therapeutic therapy massage that can only be given by professionals. Stress, muscle tension and minor pain in the body can be alleviated with a therapeutic massage.
What is Therapeutic Massage Therapy?
Therapeutic massage therapy is defined as the mobilization of soft tissues (such as muscles, fascia and bodily fluids) to restore normal systemic and biomechanical / functional use. It can be used to help in the treatment of most musculoskeletal and associated problems, and regular Therapeutic Massage Therapy results in better circulatory, lymphatic and neurological functioning.
Benefits of Therapeutic Massage Therapy
The benefits offered by therapeutic massage therapy are vast and increasingly attractive to the public, as our environment becomes increasingly aggressive, full of stress and anxiety. In South Africa they are starting the implementation of this therapy in many companies and organizations, in this way they encourage their employees to obtain continuous treatment.
- Post-operative Care: help reduce the recovery cycle and accelerate the elimination of the anesthetic, as well as reduce the pain and stiffness associated with bed rest.
- Care and Promotion of Health: promotes the general health of tissues and promotes awareness of lifestyle and health in general.
- Terminal Disease: helps reduce pain and discomfort related to long-term bed rest, also provides support and reduces the effects of emotional stress for both the patient and the family.
- Chronic Pain: helps break the cycle of “spasm of pain” while reducing muscle tension.
- Sports participation before and after the event: improves performance, recovery and reduces the likelihood of serious injuries.
- Care for the Disabled: provides emotional support and helps maintain overall tissue health.
- Management of stress: relieves muscle tension and promotes general relaxation.
- Emotional or psychological disorders: releases endorphins that help to elevate and reduce depression.
In the team of Sugarloaf Pain & Rehab we have professionals trained in the area of health, which are constantly expanding their knowledge and skills through education and research, to incorporate innovative techniques to the healing process. Our main objective is to provide quick, lasting relief with minimal discomfort; in the same way educate our patients about practices that promote their health in general.